Careers & Jobs
Who is SoundRocket? #SoundScience
SoundRocket is a social science research company originally born in Ann Arbor, Michigan. In March of 2020, we pivoted into a fully remote workplace.
As we study similarities and differences between humans, we also celebrate and support differences in our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you do not see an open position, but you are interested in future opportunities, please send an introductory email with your resume attached to email@example.com. You may call our jobs line at 734.999.0925 after you have sent the email if you prefer to leave a supplemental spoken introduction.
Over the past 17 years, we have built a small business that includes a significant amount of education-based social science research. These studies cover the topics of alcohol & other drug use; mental health; residential programs; leadership development; sexual misconduct; and diversity, equity, and inclusion. We currently manage large international studies of college student leadership, law school mental health, and campus climate topics, as well as many smaller one-campus studies.
We have reached a period of growth that requires us to expand our team to keep up with the demand.
We are looking for a driven and entrepreneurial professional to partner with the company founder and help grow this area of business into a business unit that will provide the foundation for future growth.
Applicants who are interested in this challenge may come in two forms:
- Mid-level researcher with a drive to grow with a small business. Such an applicant would work closely with the company founder to attract new business and oversee the implementation of existing business. Such a candidate would need to demonstrate experience in managing research studies with data collection budgets greater than $500,000 and should have at least three years of experience with this kind of work. Such a candidate would not be expected to lead the entire business unit from the start but would be an ideal candidate to take over with shared success.
- A senior-level researcher or business unit manager with proven success in managing and growing a business of social science research. Such a candidate would need to demonstrate experience in managing studies with a total annual budget of over $1 million, have significant experience in selling social science work in academic or similar fields, and have significant personnel management experience.
Candidates from both pathways will be considered.
All candidates should also have some substantive background or experience with at least one of the following topics:
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (especially in higher education);
- Sexual Misconduct in Higher Education;
- College student leadership, development;
- Another specialty area in education research.
Due to a recent influx of interest from customers, we are particularly interested in those who have experience with the DEI topic.
We are seeking a self-motivated individual who is looking to start their career in social science survey research. Research Assistants at SoundRocket will gain valuable experience in all aspects of the social science research project.
While a variety of skills and experiences may be relevant (please tell us, briefly, in a cover letter why your specific set of skills, experience, and education will fit well here at SoundRocket), we will be looking for people who:
- Have an interest in developing a career in the social sciences;
- Are comfortable working in a remote environment;
- Enjoy learning and being taught new things;
- Are comfortable working with Microsoft Office and Google Docs, and have a strong familiarity with desktop computers in general (we use Macs). Strong Excel or Sheets skills are a plus!
- Are comfortable with data—and can demonstrate an ability to work with data in Excel. A plus if have experience with SPSS or R statistical/data packages.
Social Science Interviewer / Moderator (Closed March 24, 2021)
We are looking for self-motivated individuals to work as moderators during a live televideo (Zoom) interviews in a user comprehension study.